Hey Folks, Welcome To Epassvns & If you’re new to the world of eSports betting, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the basics of making smart bet on eSports, with a focus on CS: GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) betting. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a better understanding of how to approach eSports betting and improve your chances of winning.
Understanding the Basics of eSports Betting
Before we dive into CS:GO betting tips, let’s discuss the fundamentals of eSports betting. Whether you’re a newcomer or a seasoned bettor, these principles remain the same:
- Value is Key: Just like traditional sports betting, eSports betting is all about finding value. You want to identify bets where the odds offered by the bookmakers are more favorable than your own assessment of the likelihood of the outcome.
- Player Props: One common type of eSports bet is player props. These bets revolve around the performance of individual players in a match. You’ll find various player props available for CS:GO and other eSports games.
- Understanding Odds: Odds represent the bookmakers’ assessment of the probability of an event occurring. Positive odds (e.g., +200) indicate an underdog, while negative odds (e.g., -137) suggest a favorite. The higher the positive odds, the more you stand to win relative to your stake if the underdog wins.
- Implied Probability: Implied probability is a crucial concept. It’s the bookmaker’s estimate of the likelihood of an event happening based on the odds they offer. You can calculate implied probability using the formula:
Implied Probability (%) = 100 / (Odds in Decimal Form).
Now, let’s apply these principles to some specific CS:GO and eSports bets.
CS:GO Betting Tips
Example 1: MLB Player Prop – Chad’s Base Hits
- Player Prop: Chad to record over half of a base.
- Implied Price on Prize Picks: -137
Here’s how to assess this bet:
- Look for Comparative Odds: Compare the odds across multiple sportsbooks. If most sportsbooks have the “over” heavily juiced (e.g., -170), it suggests a higher probability of success.
- Calculate Implied Probability: Using the implied price (-137), we can calculate the implied win probability as 59.34%.
Example 2: Bet on eSports
- eSports Event: Details are not provided in the original text, but let’s assume the following odds:
- Pinnacle Sportsbook: -176
- Prize Picks: -137
Apply the same principles:
- Compare Odds: In this case, both Pinnacle and Prize Picks have favorable odds for the “over,” indicating a higher probability of success.
- Calculate Implied Probability: Using the odds provided, we calculate the implied win probability as 59.56%.
Also Read: What Are Zyn Rewards?
To be a successful eSports bettor, aim for bets with a win probability above the break-even point. On Prize Picks, this threshold is approximately 57.74%.
In our examples, both the MLB player prop and the eSports bet had win probabilities above this mark, indicating potential value.
Expected Value (EV) To Bet On Esports
Expected Value (EV) is a measure of the potential profitability of a bet. It’s calculated as follows:
In our examples, a CS:GO and MLB combo bet with a 35.65% win probability would have a 7% edge, meaning it has a positive expected value.
While eSports betting may seem complex at first, it’s all about understanding the odds, calculating implied probabilities, and finding value bets. Remember to research teams and players, stay informed about the latest developments, and practice responsible betting. With these CS:GO betting tips and a strategic approach, you can increase your chances of success in eSports betting. So, go ahead and make some money while enjoying the thrill of eSports betting!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is eSports betting?
eSports betting involves wagering money on the outcome of competitive video game tournaments. Just like traditional sports betting, it allows you to bet on various aspects of eSports matches, including team or player performance, match winners, and more.
Is eSports betting legal?
The legality of eSports betting varies by country and region. Some countries have legalized and regulated eSports betting, while others consider it illegal or have no specific regulations in place. It’s essential to check the laws and regulations in your jurisdiction before engaging in eSports betting.
How can I get started with eSports betting?
To get started with eSports betting, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose a reputable eSports betting platform or sportsbook.
- Create an account and deposit funds.
- Research the eSports games and teams you want to bet on.
- Place your bets on specific matches or events.
- Monitor the matches and potentially collect your winnings.
What are common types of eSports bets?
Common types of eSports bets include:
- Match Winner: Betting on the team or player you think will win a specific match.
- Handicap Betting: Placing bets with a handicap to level the playing field when one team is heavily favored.
- Totals (Over/Under): Betting on whether the total number of rounds, kills, or points scored will be over or under a specified amount.
- Player Props: Betting on individual player performance, such as the number of kills, assists, or other in-game statistics.
How can I improve my chances of winning in eSports betting?
To improve your chances of success in eSports betting, consider the following tips:
- Research the eSports scene: Stay informed about teams, players, and recent performance.
- Manage your bankroll: Set a budget for betting and stick to it to avoid excessive losses.
- Understand odds and probabilities: Learn how to calculate implied probabilities from odds and look for value bets.
- Practice responsible betting: Bet on matches and events you understand and only wager what you can afford to lose.
- Use reputable sportsbooks: Choose well-established and licensed eSports betting platforms to ensure fair play and secure transactions.